We are all living in the nation-state structure. Therefore, the boundaries of every country are closed for outsiders. However, every person requires a visa from the embassy to enter in a particular country.
Similarly, for Hajj or Umrah, you require a visa from the Saudi embassy. It is a mandatory requirement. No one can perform Hajj or Umrah without a visa.
In this post, we will tell you about Hajj and Umrah visa requirements. If you opt for a travel agent, then your visa and flight tickets are included in Hajj and Umrah packages. So, you must read the post entirely. It will educate you in detail.
The Saudi government has diplomatic ties with four countries that allow the citizens of that country to travel to the KSA without a visa. If you are from these four countries, then you can enter the KSA without applying for a visa in the embassy.
Moreover, the citizens of KSA also can travel to these four countries without a visa.
How to apply for a Saudi visa?
There are two ways you can get a visa. The first way is to apply online through the Saudi embassy’s website. You will get an electronic visa through your email upon approval. The second way is to opt for a travel agent.
Saudi tour operators are familiar with the visa application procedure. They will ask you for a few documents and your passport. After then, your application will be forwarded. And you will get visa stamps on your passport.
Visa fees are included in Umrah packages and Hajj packages of all providers. It is a compulsory fee that is summed up in your overall bill.
Requirements to get an online visa
For all Umrah and Hajj packages, you can get an online visa. But you need to fulfill all the requirements of the embassy, which are given below.
- You must have at least six months of validity on your passport.
- You must submit a completed application form online.
- You must pay the application fee for the visa.
- You must have a valid email address where you can receive an electronic visa.
- It’s essential to have a recent photograph, which contains a white background. The picture shows your full face directly to the camera. Side poses are not accepted.
- You must have a non-refundable ticker from your country to the KSA.
- A meningitis vaccination certificate having less than three years of age is also applicable.
- Moreover, it’s also shouldn’t need to be younger than ten days.
- You must have a certificate from your local mosque if you are converted to Islam and do not have a Muslim name. Your mosque must certify that you are a Muslim.
- Women and children need to be accompanied by their husband/father or a male relative (Mahram). That’s why proof of relationship is required for a visa.
- Women over 45 can get a visa without a Mahram. But she has to provide a no-objection certificate from her Mahram.
The above conditions also apply for manual visa application through your travel agent.
All Hajj & Umrah packages will also ask you the same conditions.
Requirements for Umrah visa
Hajj is a busy event in the KSA. However, travelers can opt for Umrah at any time of the year.
The following are the requirements for the Umrah visa.
- Umrah visa is not permitted on the last day of Ramadan. Travelers have to leave before the last day of Ramadan.
- Visa for Umrah is only for two weeks.
- Visa for Umrah is not valid for Eid-ul-Fitr.
- Applicants must have return tickets before the end of visa validity.
- Insurance policy for Umrah visitors
- Umrah visitors are bound by the law of the Kingdom to opt for insurance. However, you do not need to get insurance individually. The company for cooperative insurance (Taunia) covers all Umrah visitors. Therefore, Umrah visitors can get care in public and private hospitals.
You will get coverage in the following cases.
- If your flight delayed.
- If your flight is canceled.
- If you have an accident.
- If there is a disaster in the Kingdom.
- Insurance coverage is a must for all Umrah and Hajj packages.
Requirements for Hajj visa
Hajj is a religious duty for all Muslims. It is performed for five or six days in specific places in the KSA. The following are the requirements for a Hajj visa.
- You must be eligible for Hajj.
- You must apply for a visa between Mid-Shawal to 25th of Dhu-al-Qa’adah.
- You must enter the Kingdom from Jeddah airport.
- You must arrive before 4 Dhu-ul-Hajj.
- You must leave before the 10th of Muharram.
- You must have six months of validity on your passport.
- You must have two adjacent blank pages in your passport.
- Your Hajj provider must pay the required fee of Hajj.
Can you travel for Hajj and Umrah on a tourist visa?
Saudi Arabia has launched eVisa for tourists of the UK (United Kingdom). This visa is for tourism promotion. Tourists can enter the KSA on this visa. But they cannot perform a Hajj or Umrah on it. You need to get a specialized visa for Umrah and Hajj.
All tour providers can get you a visa if you opt for their Umrah packages and Hajj packages.
It is a company for the best tour of Hajj and Umrah. The company will approve your visa in minimum time. You will get the best residence and supplementary services in the KSA.
We have described all the detail of visa requirements for the KSA. Now, you can complete the requirement and apply for a visa online. If you want more convenience, then you can hire a travel agent. It will cost you a fee. But you will get your visa approved. Have a good day.
For more details about Hajj & Umrah visa or visit visa, make a call and consult with Umrah Experts